Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vegas - Day 2




We were staying at Hotel Paris. Lex wanted to go to the real Paris, but she gets the hotel in Vegas instead! But it was a beautiful hotel!



So for breakfast I asked Lex if she wanted to have crepes. Bless her heart she pronounced it as "crepe-as". But then Shae and I remembered how we butchered the French language while we took it in high school and college. So we stopped in the hotel and split a crepe between the 3 of us as Shae and I enjoyed a mimosa.


We then started walking and looking and shopping. I am pretty sure I walked 50 miles that day. Could that be an exaggeration? Possibly, but doubtful! :)
List of my favorite hotels:


1. Billagio - Just a classic look and not trying to over do anything. They had a Japanese theme as well in their conservatory which I absolutely loved!









2. Caesar's - I loved the shopping in this place! The scultpures and the paintings around just made it a better experience. Vegas is expensive. I know this isn't a shock to many, but we were at Caesar's towards the end of the day and I needed caffeine from walking and walking. And everything in Vegas is Pepsi. YUCK! So I found a little stand that served cokes in a can. I went to buy one, it ws $ 4 - guess what I didn't buy it! I made mention that I could buy a 24 pack of cokes for $4 and the lady told me that I wouldn't want to carry that around with me in Vegas. Touche. I am pretty sure I called her a name in my head.






3. New York New York - Lets just say that I like the real thing much better! But they did a really good job of decorating and creating a New York experience! We rode the rollar coaster on top. Well I rode it once and I thought I was going to throw up. I know! I'm a wuss! Well Lex and Shae rode it another 10 times that morning and another 10 times that evening! They are crazy! They kept saying the next day that they were sore..... Really? Wonder why?!? :)


Lex gambling the under 18 way.... Instead of money she got stuffed animal and some other junk.



We went to other hotels that day, but they didn't make the top 3 for the day. But the Venetian was another one of my favs that I will discuss in the next post.


We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. I need to get a scanner and scan the pic of the 3 of us that we bought there. Lex was playing the drums and Shae and I were playing the electric guitars. We were wearing our sunglasses and looked pretty cool.


Lex wanted to have a fancy dinner and made sure we all brought a fancy dress for dinner. The first night that we were there I was asking Lex where she wanted to eat. Her response was Outback Steakhouse. There were crickets chirping with Shae and I. She then said that I could get us free ice cream like I did over the summer when we went to Outback when I was visiting them in Virginia. Super sweet and super cool that she remembers our fun times, but I didn't think Outback was the place for us. So we made reservations at Mon Ami Gabi in our hotel. While we were at Caesar's we were at one of the big make up stores (forget the name) and Lex had a make over to ensure she was super fancy for her special night of turning 13! We got seats out on the patio that was directly in front of the Billagio's dancing water and music! It created a fun evening.

I found it cute and funny that I was talking to two guys that were sitting beside us and I was innocently flirting and making them feel special but not thinking anything about it. Lex told me that guy had a ring on his finger Andi you aren't suppose to flirt. Cute and true! :)






Shae went to pick up the car for tomorrow and then she came and picked Lex up for another 10 rides of that rollarcoaster at New York New York!


Day Three was super cool.... Stay tuned!


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment